The Gen5 Hydrogen Sensor is a rugged water proof mechanical assembly design for distribution transformer applications. A ¾”-14 NPT fitting is provided for attachment of the sensor to a transformer.
There are two types of hydrogen sensors - fuel cell sensors and thin film sensors. Fuel cell sensors consume the hydrogen, and if placed in a small volume of oil, it will eventually degas the oil unless an oil pump or other method of circulation is installed. Thin film sensors do not change the concentration of hydrogen in the oil, and therefore will give a more accurate reading.
Two Installation Options
When fault gases are generated in a transformer, they will be dissolved in the oil where sensors will detect the increasing trend and provide a warning of the equipment problem. Because hydrogen takes time to dissolve in oil, it will accumulate in the headspace quickly. While using an in-oil sensor is effective, the use of a gas space sensor will typically provide a faster response. Both in-oil and gas space sensors are available for use with the B100.
Hydrogen Sensor Specifications
|Parameter||Dissolved Hydrogen In-Oil||Hydrogen in Headspace|
|Measurement Range:||25-5000 ppm||500-100,000 ppm|
|Accuracy:||20% of reading or 25 ppm, whichever is greater||20% of reading or 500 ppm|
10% of reading or 15 ppm, whichever is greater
|10% of reading or 300 ppm|
|Operating Temp:||-40℃ to 70℃||-40℃ to 70℃|
|Storage Temp:||-40℃ to 85℃||-40℃ to 85℃|
|Oil Temp Range:||-40℃ to 105℃||N/A|
|Cross Sensitivity:||< 1%||< 1%|
- Our policy lasts 30 days past the ship date. If 30 days have gone by since your product has shipped, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. We will retain a 20% restocking fee upon return.
- We process orders within 1-2 business days, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Successfully placed orders will receive an email confirmation with the order details. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam filter or contact us for confirmation
- If you need any assistance with your order, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead time varies by each product. This product has a lead time of up to four weeks. At that time, it will be shipped from our factory to you which may take 3-7 business days.
- You will receive an email with tracking information when the package has shipped.