The B100 with the optional hydrogen sensor provides the most cost-effective transformer monitoring solution available, combining all the features of the B100 with the additional features listed below.
Early Fault Indication
Faults within a transformer will generate gases based on the temperature at the location of the fault. Hydrogen is the first fault gas generated, thus providing the earliest indication of a problem. The volume of hydrogen generated will increase as the severity of the fault increases.
There are two types of hydrogen sensors - fuel cell sensors and thin film sensors. Fuel cell sensors consume the hydrogen, and if placed in a small volume of oil, it will eventually degas the oil unless an oil pump or other method of circulation is installed. Thin film sensors do not change the concentration of hydrogen in the oil, and therefore will give a more accurate reading.
Two Installation Options
When fault gases are generated in a transformer, they will be dissolved in the oil where sensors will detect the increasing trend and provide a warning of the equipment problem. Because hydrogen takes time to dissolve in oil, it will accumulate in the headspace quickly. While using an in-oil sensor is effective, the use of a gas space sensor will typically provide a faster response. Both in-oil and gas space sensors are available for use with the B100.
RTD's (Top Oil Temperature Sensor, Magnetic Mount Sensor, and Ambient Temperature Sensor) and/or Auxiliary CT sold separately.
|Power Requirements:||48 - 240 VDC or 110 - 240 VAC (50 – 60 Hz)|
|Dimensions:||187 mm Wide x 296 mm Tall x 129 mm Deep (11.32” x 11.68” x 5.07”)|
|Temperature Range:||-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)|
|Ingress Protection:||Varies based on mounting option|
|Communications:||USB, Ethernet, RS485 (optional), Serial Fiber (optional), DNP, Modbus, IEC 61850|
Hydrogen Sensor Specifications
|Parameter||Dissolved Hydrogen In-Oil||Hydrogen in Headspace|
|Measurement Range:||25-5000 ppm||500-100,000 ppm|
|Accuracy:||20% of reading or 25 ppm, whichever is greater||20% of reading or 500 ppm|
10% of reading or 15 ppm, whichever is greater
|10% of reading or 300 ppm|
|Operating Temp:||-40℃ to 70℃||-40℃ to 70℃|
|Storage Temp:||-40℃ to 85℃||-40℃ to 85℃|
|Oil Temp Range:||-40℃ to 105℃||N/A|
|Cross Sensitivity:||< 1%||< 1%|
The B100 Series Electronic Temperature Monitor is programmable from Windows 7 or later.
Watch this video on how to connect to a B100 Electronic Temperature Monitor.
Watch this video on how to configure a B100 Electronic Temperature Monitor.
Watch this video on how to install a B100 Electronic Temperature Monitor.
- Our policy lasts 30 days past the ship date. If 30 days have gone by since your product has shipped, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. We will retain a 20% restocking fee upon return.
- We process orders within 1-2 business days, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Successfully placed orders will receive an email confirmation with the order details. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam filter or contact us for confirmation
- If you need any assistance with your order, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
- Lead time varies by each product. This product has a lead time of up to four weeks. At that time, it will be shipped from our factory to you which may take 3-7 business days.
- You will receive an email with tracking information when the package has shipped.